Re: [linux-audio-user] Python & ALSA --- documentation

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 13:06:20 EEST

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Rob Fell wrote:

> Background: I'm creating a guitar rack - my app. would live between a
> control surface and JackRack, and be controlled (aka patch selection) via
> either footswitch or GUI. I intend to add facilities for grouping of patches
> into 'songs', and even arranging songs into 'gigs' for mouse-free live use.
> That's why I'm trying to avoid potentially stalling the MIDI thread....

Just a quick ad, Ecasound provides a Python API for setting up processing
chains, including support for LADSPA and JACK, plus controlling parameters
with MIDI-CCs. Ecamegapedal, which is a jack-rack style app, is built
using this API (although in C++, but still using the same functionality).

You can find some Python examples at:

http://eca.cx/eci
http://eca.cx/ecasound/Documentation/programmers_guide/html_ecidoc/eci_doc.html
http://eca.cx/ecasound