RE: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 14:16:41 EEST

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 21:54 -0500, pjfjacks wrote:
> Just wish I'd taken better notes along the way...it pains me greatly.
> Everything but MIDI was working so well. Totally shameful as the XP system
> hums right along ...this isn't right at all..
>
> Phil J.
>

> Eh, I've wiped out my systems a bunch of times, and it's always a lot
> faster to get your settings back the second time.

phil, you are getting some very poor advice here, i am not sure why.

system reinstalls are *NOT* the way to solve problems with linux.
please would provide a summary of the story so far, and i'll try to get
you out of the hole you're in. if you have access to IRC, that could
also help move things along more rapidly.