Re: [linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

From: joke <joke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 16:56:17 EEST

>a simple poll for your ml people here:
>
>a.) what (linux) distribution do you use?

mainly :

APODIO (based on mandrake) http://www.apodio.org (audio & video)
AGNULA : http://www.agnula.org (audio)
MANDRAKE : http://www.linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=29

sometimes :
Debian : http://debian.org
dynebolic : http://dynebolic.org (audio & video)
fedora : http://www.linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=64

...etc

>b.) does the distribution that you use supply a lot of audio-related packages
>by default?

yes that the case with APODIO, AGNULA and DYNEBOLIC

>c.) do you consider the distribution that you use to be notably adequate for
>audio production? why?

For audio production (studio recording, post-production, composition,
webradio & radio broadcast, real-time concerts & installation...etc)
it's excelent!! I was under macinsto$h world before, using different
"pro" audio tools and since 3/4 years I only works with linux in audio
production, and I could work as "pro" in all the production I want to do.
It's adequate because I could realize all the works I need to do :
recording sounds (jackit, qarecord, jackmix, ardour, rezound, audacity,
mhwaveedit...etc), mixing it (ardour, audacity...etc), masterized it
(jamin, rezound...), produce CD (K3B, Gcombust...), produce webcasting
(icecast, ices, puredata...) & jukebox (zina...), real time concerts &
installation (puredata, jackit, jack-rack, FreqTweak, terminatorX,
spiralSynthModular...)... and it's poilitcal & ethically in the way I
want to work with art (GNU, copyleft, GPL...), it's based on relation
between people and the human being not on business and personnal profit...

julien