RE: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

From: pjfjacks <pjfjacks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 04:44:31 EEST

Thanks for the tip, Shayne. I'll hold off on the reinstall until next week.
Though it doesn't have internet access at the moment due to my blunders,
Everything else (except MIDI) appears to be functioning fine; my Father is
visiting from out of town Monday and I want to show him what Linux looks
like as he seems curious from all my "evangelizing" about it...

Plus I need to document some things about the system as is (minus my oops!)

Thanks,

Phil J.

i'll second that ... a re-install can really learn you some fast lessons
about linux, too. of course, re-installing is something i avoid like the
plague now, but back when i was beginning .... man, i re-installed every
other day. one of the things i learnt to do from this, which makes
re-installing pretty painless if you've got a bunch of data and
configurations, is to have your /home folder on a seperate partition.

shayne