[linux-audio-user] [Semi-OT] RME Hammerfall DIGI9636

From: Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 18:12:26 EEST

Hi all.

I was just hoping for some advice...

I'm looking to buy a soundcard to replace my dirt cheap CMI8738. I may
be able to get hold of an RME Hammerfall Digi9636, revision 1.5. I'm
told that it's been pulled from a Powermac G4.

It seems that this card has reliable ALSA drivers, but I'm finding it a
bit awkward to fully understand all of RME's different cards and
revisions. I think that I should be able to plug this card into a
standard PCI slot either on my SuperMicro P3 board, or my Asus Nforce2
Athlon board, right?

So, this is my first question: Can I get this card to work with ALSA?
Also, does anyone have any idea roughly what this card is worth (ideally
in pounds sterling)?

Also, I may be able to get hold of an Alesis AI3 cheaply. It looks to me
that I could use it to to get 8 analogue inputs and 8 analogue outputs
into the Digi9636, using the ADAT connections. Does anyone know if this
would work?

Thanks,
Michael Nelson