[linux-audio-user] Re: VST Plugins Revisited (Again)

From: <davidrclark@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 21:33:10 EEST

Greeting to all,

My original message was for people who use both Windows and Linux for
audio as I do. Audio comes first for me, not the O/S (nor political
philosophy). In addition to using WINE under Linux, I also use CygWin
under Windows. In fact, I use my own audio software under CygWin all the
time, originally developed under GNU/Linux. I use instruments, hardware
synths, software synths, standalones, plugins, C++ code, Python code,
Korn shell scripts, CUI code and command-line code --- even the occasional
spreadsheet and text file.

There has been a lot of discussion about "professionals" on another thread.
For me, a "professional" is anyone who makes viruoso use of whatever
resources are available. In light of this, the paragraph above should
perhaps be more meaningful to some of you. No barriers, no religion.

Regards to all,
Dave.