Re: [linux-audio-user] Specifying the license when posting music?

From: David Collins <davidcollins78@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 15:07:32 EEST

..and even if they did specify that they were
releasing it under a 'Creative Commons' License, would
it not be even better if they specified _which_
'Creative Commons' License - e.g.:
CC Sharing License -
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/deed-music
CC Attribution-Sharealike License -
or the
CC Attribution License -
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

or a different free license altogether, such as the:
Free Art License -
http://artlibre.org/licence/lalgb.html

Some people might not even want their music listened
to by anyone except those on the mailing list.

I just think it would be useful to make it specific,
so that - in case people want to set up an icecast
server for example - they wouldn't be offending the
original author/composer.

Perhaps even an informal comment on how they would
like the music to be re-distributed or used (..or not,
as the case may be) would suffice.

--
http://hl.afraid.org/~david/
--