Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] wireless

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 09:42:11 EEST

Lee Revell wrote:

>OK, I've never done wireless with Linux before, and (surprise) it's
>apparently a baffling ordeal, as lots of common devices aren't
>supported!
>
>All I need to know is "does the Linksys WUSB 54G work OOTB". IOW
>configure the kernel source, make, make install and no f*ing with out of
>tree drivers.
>
>TIA,
>
>Lee

Not sure about "lots of common devices are not supported"...I thought
the most common wireless chips were Orinco and Prism & Prism (2).
Depending on the distro u use, wireless is fairly easy to get going. The
Dlink PCMCIA card for some reason I could not get working and it has a
prism chip but the others actually fire right up on PCLOS (MDK based
distro) and did so in Mandrake as well. Demudi even configured my Prism
based card on its own.

R~