Re: [linux-audio-user] Again on sudden and occasional Jack crackling sound

From: Salvatore Di Pietro <salvuz_78@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 15:50:54 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 22:33 -0400, Michal Seta wrote:
>
>>Salvatore Di Pietro <salvuz_78@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>>

>>>As you may have read in my previous post, it doesn't work anymore for
>>>me as of jack 0.100.0... does it work for you?
>

> many people do not realize that buffer resizing is not compiled into
> JACK by default. you must use --enable-resize to get it present in a
> version that you build from source.

Oh, yeah, I realized that! :)
I am used to always do a ./configure --help, as I am on Slackware and I
have to (and I kinda like to) compile almost everything from source...

I wrote in my previous post:

-----8<-------------cut here--------------------------------------------

Now that jack 0.100.0 was out, I grabbed the source,

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-stripped-jackd --disable-portaudio
--disable-coreaudio --enable-capabilities --enable-optimize
--enable-posix-shm --enable-resize --enable-timestamps
--with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs

make && make install

and thought the end of my nightmare had
finally come, but, unfortunately, that's not the case...
As in subject, It Happened Again.
And,worst of all, all jack clients (not only oss2jack), even ardour
(even via his latency panel), die with

cannot open shm segment /jack-1 (No such file or directory)
cannot attach port segment shared memory (No such file or directory)
Killed

upon setting jack buffersize.

You can read all the story in that post...
Thanks for your care! (and for jack/Ardour, of course, they are freakin'
amazing!)

ciao

--
           salvuz