Re: [linux-audio-user] missing snd-usb-audio module in Gentoo

From: nigel henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 21:24:15 EEST

Hi Christoph. I don't think theres a problem in this case with OSS modules.
Lee sort of confirmed what I was dreading (No usb-audio compiled in the
kernel) . I'll try and find some info on compiling a new kernel without
interfering with the existing one. If it goes ok, and there are still
problems, I'll put those 2 OSS modules in the hotplug blacklist. With FC1 &
FC2 I had to add "Audio" & "USB-midi" to the hotplug blacklist to get Alsa to
load up properly. Thanks for the reply. Nigel.