Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Gnome Wave Cleaner ...Got it! 8^)

From: Mike Jewell <mj405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 23:44:41 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> type:
>
> make uninstall

plus lots more useful details...

and Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> You should have installed the development packages:
> apt-get install libsndfile-devel fftw3-devel
> They are part of the Planet CCRMA repository.

Wow, how easy was that? I just didn't realize I could use apt-get to
get these from CCRMA's repository since there was no example apt-get
command like there is for many of the other CCRMA packages. Now I know
to just try it. The worst that can happen is apt-get will just say
"Couldn't find package xyz".

So, for the record, here's what I did:

First I uninstalled the two library packages I had installed
in /usr/local per Paul's suggestion.

Then:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

apt-get install libsndfile
        libsndfile is already the newest version.
apt-get install libsndfile-devel
        ...lots of happy echoing...
apt-get install fftw3
        fftw3 is already the newest version.
apt-get install fftw3-devel
        ...lots of happy echoing...
apt-get install libgnomeui
        libgnomeui is already the newest version.
apt-get install libgnomeui-devel
        ...lots of happy echoing...

cd directory_where_gwc_tarball_was_unpacked
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

gwc
        It works!!!

Thanks Paul, Fernando and others who helped me get this figured out and
upgrade my brain AND my DAW. 8^)

Mike
Mike Jewell
One-Up Audio