[linux-audio-user] Jack/LADSPA/RT-mixer-software?

From: Aleksandr Koltsoff <czr@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 22:17:05 EEST

Hello

And very many thanks for all the c-port2000 answers, it's been some time that
I've encountered this friendly mailing list :-).

I'm looking for some simple software to accomplish the following:
- do realtime monitoring(VU) and mixing
- output mixed data for headphones-monitoring (using same card, I have the
infamous st-audio rig, on which I didn't manage to get _any_ of the MIDI
ports to work)
- optionally route some of the input channels trough LADSPA plugins

A Gtk+2 GUI would be much preferred to anything else.

Has anyone seen such a beast? If not, how does this sound:
- a jack client that will get the input data
- will do the mixing and drive the stuff trough ladspa
- output result using jack (this should be possible, only I skimmed trough
some jack-related docs, difficult to get handle on it)
- display VU/implement GUI for levels using GTK+ (2.x).

Does anyone see any architectural problems with this approach? I'd guess that
implementing mixing using a jackd plugin would be more efficient, but is it
worth it and how to connect the controls to the GUI?

ak.