Re: [linux-audio-user] VST Plugins Revisited (Again)

From: <ix@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 00:44:54 EEST

> etc ... it's sort of like the insane and endless quest for *every* vst
> plugin that i succumbed to while using windows (believe me, though, that
> was a lot more counterproductive).

how so, i made a lot of fun music that began via a pd patch that would randomly select one of ~5-600 VST instruments and filters and then randomize their params, for the base sounds. the trick was getting ones that didnt sound like digital poop when the params were apeshit, Korg's VST's come to mind..

afaik it would still be pretty much impossible to do this on linux, but only because there are no DSSI synths...