Re: [linux-audio-user] Disabling cardbus prefetch for Echo Indigo

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 15:50:36 EEST

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 13:34 +0100, Jon Stutters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get an Echo Indigo IO working under Gentoo 2.6.12 kernel.
> The card's recognized correctly by ALSA and I can play through it but
> all output is badly distorted.
>
> I had the same problem on this laptop under Windows and fixed it using a
> utility from Echo to disable prefetch for the cardbus chipset (ENE
> CB1410). Does anyone know how to disable prefetch under Linux? I've
> had a go at hacking the cardbus driver source but I've not got the right
> result yet.

i would have thought that this was susceptible to the same kind of
solution that Ico used to solve a similar problem with the RME HDSP
pcmcia card. rather than hack the driver, use setpci and its cousins to
investigate and modify the state of the PCI device registers. you will
need to find out how to get the state in windows before and after that
utility runs, and then take the information on what it changed and apply
it to setpci.

--p