Re: [linux-audio-user] midi and ecasound

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 03:24:50 EEST

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 23:41 +0000, Dubphil wrote:
> $ aseqdump -p 80:0
> Cannot connect from port 80:0 - Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> sometimes it works, but it is absolutely not reproductible
> but this information is useless to set up ecasound so I have tested with
> gmidimon. The approach is not the same as it uses /dev/midix or
> /dev/snd/midiCXDX
>
> What am I doing wrong ? And why the midi monitoring is so erratic ?

I can repdoduce the problem here, and it's not erratic at all, in fact
the behavior is 100% consistent. If gmidimon or another app already has
the MIDI port open, then aseqdump will get -EBUSY (aka "Resource
temporarily unavailable").

If you had tested these apps one at a time then this would be obvious.

To check who is using the MIDI ports do:

sudo lsof /dev/snd/midiC0D* /dev/midi*

Lee