[linux-audio-user] Multi-channel voice actuated recording

From: Kent Tenney <ktenney@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 21:32:00 EEST

Howdy,

(origonally posted to gmane.linux.agnula.general,
it was suggested to try this list as well)

I need to monitor and record a number of
radio and telephone inputs.

When the conversation is finished, I need to
compress the audio and log the time and source
of the recording.

I installed Agnula DeMuDi on a spare machine,
it seems to know all about the M-Audio Delta 1010lt
card which is in there.

That's about all I know.

Questions;

- am I asking these questions on the correct list?
  if not, please give directions.

- does a project exist which seeks to do multi-channel
  voice actuated recording?

- if not, is this a reasonable task to attempt for a
  low/mid level Python programmer?

Thanks,
Kent