Re: [linux-audio-user] snd-mpu401 will not load in 2.6.12

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 15:29:41 EEST

David Baron wrote:

>On Sunday 21 August 2005 08:14, linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden
>wrote:
>

>>What is the output of "lsmod"? It sounds like you have gameport or
>>another driver claiming the MPU port before snd-mpu401 gets loaded.
>>

>hmmm
>
>lsmod show gameport with the ens1371...

Hi David:

  Please, when asked for the output of a reporting utility copy the
output to your reply, it's very helpful.

  Try this:

    lsmod > lsmod.report

  Then append the report to your message. To list just the sound modules:

    lsmod |grep snd > lsmod.report

  My apologies if you already know this kind of stuff. :)

>... When W2k came out and Yamaha had no driver for the card, they
>recommended using the W2K mpu401 driver until. So I tried this with Linux and
>it has worked 100% until 2.6.12.

My experience with 2.6.12 chimes with other users: It's got problems. :(

I read that 2.6.13 comes with Ingo Molnar's latency patches and better
timing resolution. Perhaps this is the OTB audio-ready kernel we've been
waiting for ?

Best,

dp