Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki - (was usb controller keyboards)

From: Bob <fsmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 13:44:42 EEST

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 23:15 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
>
>>But it excludes free audio software on other operating systems. Many
>>tools are also available for Mac OS or even Windows.

> Porting free software to non free OSes is terribly shortsighted and
> hurts the entire free software community. We should not encourage it.
>
> Lee

Hi I beg to differ,
Open source is ' Inclusive ' to all, and many windoze people, myself
included, are drawn to OSS because of this.

As people use OSS on other platforms and see how good it is they will
wonder about the rest, and why they are locked into systems that can't
do better.

Just my 2 p's worth

Bob
Bearmusic