Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki - (was usb controller keyboards)

From: M P Smoak <smoak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 20:20:55 EEST

On Monday 22 August 2005 02:03, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 23:15 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > But it excludes free audio software on other operating
> > systems. Many tools are also available for Mac OS or even
> > Windows.
>
> Porting free software to non free OSes is terribly
> shortsighted and hurts the entire free software community. We
> should not encourage it.
>
> Lee

I disagree strongly. I support Open and Free by using linux
since about 1996 or 7 and not using windows since 3 or 4 years
ago.

But it hasn't been free of headaches. And the kernel/bleeding
edge stuff .... I don't know how to describe what i'm feeling

And I'm pleased to see linux developed software breaking into
windows and mac land. Rather than hurting the Free and Open
community, I think it may help it. I've never used a mac; lot's
of my musician friends do. But if the day were to come that
I could get "mac os" and KDE, and Audacity, ..., I certainly
would consider installing it and using it along with linux.

In short, I think the Free and Open community extends beyond
a single os.

Marv