Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 20:48:48 EEST

> I moved the wiki to its new location.
> I hope most of you agree with the url now.
>
> http://wiki.freeaudiosoftware.org/

I'd like to add that we also could drive it completely on
freeaudiosoftware.org wothout the prefix. I did reserve the domain
exactly and exclusively for this wiki.

My idea mainly was to have a central place for users needing information
about audio and free software. That it is a Wiki instead of a true
webpage is secondary for those looking for information.

I hope many people like the idea of this wiki and contribute their
knowledge. For myself it's mainly a notepad. Instead of keeping
important info and knowledge on my private machine, I can put it on the
Wiki for personal preservation while others can benefit from it.

I don't think that all information from the other wikis needs to be
moved to the new wiki, but the new one can provide additional
information and a link to all the other wikis.

Of course all people are invited to contribute tutorials, hacks, tricks
and hints.

Let's see if it will be successful.

Best regards

    ce