Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 22:13:19 EEST

Mark,

> You can obviously do anything you want but you could have
> also used http://opensrc.org/FreeAudioSoftware or some other
> variation like http://audio.opensrc.org/ChristophEckert and
> created any amount of pages you cared to (as anyone can) and
> actually helped out with an established Wiki that already
> gets 5000 hits a day rather than fragment DESPERATELY needed
> user input even further.

I know what you mean and I agree.

BUT: I wanted to see a page which offers a central place to link to all
the other resources and to collect various stuff related to linux
audio.

Why? If a user wants to start with linux as an audio machine he'll find
lots of information using google. But he will have to google a lot to
get an overview over a certain aspect of his audio system.

That was my intention. A central web page which contains useful
information and links to further resources from the subpages.

If you search a certain audio application, you'll certainly visit dp's
great page. BUt where do you start if you need info about configuring
your USB sound card? Where can you learn how to build a 2.6.12 audio
enabled kernel?

I often see useful information in this list, and I keep it in a private
notebook on my machine. I'd prefer to put it into a wiki for later
personal use and make the community benefit from my work.

I do not want to divide, I want to help grow the community.

Best regards

    ce