Re: [linux-audio-user] mono synth, note allocation scheme

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 23:36:17 EEST

> > Not only useful, such abiilities define the style of a solo.
>
> It's actually a showstopper for me in certain areas. Pads and other
> stuff work ok, but monosynths are no-go in most linux softsynths for
> me...

Well on my old and worthy Waldorf Microwave (first generation, not the
second) I can choose the trigger mode, but on my access Virus there's
no possibility to choose it; but the default behaviour is reasonable,
so it isn't a true limitation.

Softsynths have even more problems concerning polyphony. I tried to play
ZynAddSubFX with a hold pedal connected, but this lead to heavy system
load. I already filed a bug report, but Paul currently doesn't seem to
have the time to work on it. I also know that ams currently seems to be
sleeping, but maybe filing a feature request on

is worth the effort.

Best regards

    ce