Re: [linux-audio-user] mono synth, note allocation scheme

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 11:08:21 EEST

Hallo,
Atte André Jensen hat gesagt: // Atte André Jensen wrote:

> The problem is that most synths don't offer these choices to the user.
> They work in one, fixed way that's not the first choise IMHO. I even
> suspect that the developers didn't even think that much about how this
> area of their synth should work, so the default might be more chance
> than design...

This could be. Actually it seems, that getting these basically 6 types
of monophony aren't totally trival to implement, at least in Pd. I
wonder, if anyone has a pointer to a description of the algorithms to
use, when converting midi messages to the various priorities. If we
could collect these, maybe with example code in C, then every synth,
modular or traditional, could easily implement them.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44