Re: [linux-audio-user] linux audio wiki

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 03:12:55 EEST

Pete Bessman wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 12:09 -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
> wrote:
>
>>>totally agree ... if the domain or site uses "linux" in its
>>>identification, then it should definitely be "gnu/linux". stallman ain't
>>>no crank ...
>>>
>>>shayne
>>
>>agre++
>

> disagree--;
>
> Regardless of what "GNU/Linux" is supposed to represent, what it *does*
> represent is "fruitcake."

yeah, right ...

We're currently fighting a battle for simple
> adoption; I don't care to wage an additional war for syntactic purity.

it's not syntactic purity. it is hard-coded fact. what the hell is
"syntactic purity", anyway?

and really - battles and wars? fuck that. you gotta stop watching fox
news ;)

no one expects anyone to use GNU/Linux in everyday conversations and the
like, but when you're creating a website or wiki, it's only fair and
proper that GNU/Linux is used at least somewhere ... the GNU licence and
software is the most important aspect of Linux, so to diminish its
importance to a mere matter of semantics is both ignorant and ... ignorant.

by all means, do what you want - but you can have yr fruitcake and eat
it, too.

shayne