[linux-audio-user] Re: Around the wiki.freeaudiosoftware.org - forum

From: COCHARD Yves <yves.cochard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 17:40:06 EEST

ce wrote:

>
>I have no problem offering the domain for it, as long as you do not
>expect me to be there too often ;-) .
>

I accept the offer! Thank's a lot!

However, I wonder wheter it is really useful and not non-productive way of giving information. I saw some forums which multiply the same infos ten times with ten times the same answers... then why writing again the stuff which got already an answer somewhere?! Moreover, linux + audio stuff doesn't involve a lot of people, so somehow separting them - us - is something which could be harmful to the audio-free-software-community!

But, it has also some advantage... I give example of the gentoo forums: Many wikis-howto started in a forum! (note that it could start also from a mailing list).

Anyway, one of the most important point at my eyes is that forums are in a certain way more "open" to the world: I feel that "newbie" have the tendancy to go to forums instead of mailing list ; no idea wheter this is true or not (it was for me). But if this is true, then it could bring more people to audio-open-source-way-of-making-music! (isn't that a consumerist/productivist attitude?!)

tim hall wrote:

>> sorry, but i think this is such a non-debate ...if
>there's an identifiable need and this much energy towards setting one up, go
>for it!
>
Ok, if the needs is here (I wait to see if it really exists), I'll manage to setup something. Unfortunately, I'm gonna move to Berlin for a year or so in some days, and I 'won't have time to do something before one or two month... to the one who wish a forum, you'll have to wait a while if you are waiting for me. Then my knowlege in forums are really basic, but I'm gonna dig deeper. What do we miss then? I think we've got all we need...
Received on Fri Aug 26 20:15:11 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Fri Aug 26 2005 - 20:15:11 EEST