Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Frustrated bigtime

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 03:14:16 EEST

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:24:41 +0200
Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> if we misunderstood, then i apologize, but let me quote you:
>
> "I could not find a realtime-preempt patch that will apply correctly to
> a recent 2.6.12 kernel. It could be that some combination of 2.6.12
> and realtime-preempt-2.6.12-final will work but I decided to give up.
> All attempts resulted in rejected hunks, -R?, and/or missing files
> (which file to patch:). No compilable kernel ever resulted."
>
> This clearly means you applied the patch to the wrong kernel.

Actually this isn't really 100% sure :) maybe the patches you tried
actually did not apply cleanly (this hasn't happened for a long time for
me with Ingo's patches but the probability is probably well above 0).

> I tried to help. If i made a mistake sorry, that can happen, but i don't
> have to take any shit from you.
>
> You need to get your attitude right. I won't filter you, as i think this
> is silly, but don't expect me to give any advice to you in the near
> future without an apology for above insult.

Please forget this last paragraph of my previous mail. Everyone is free
to choose the tone of his mailings and my skin should definetly be
thicker.

Have fun and better luck with future kernels,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org