[linux-audio-user] Good read: Walter Murch on clarity and density in sound

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 17:33:24 EEST

"... the point where I could see the forest and the trees - where there
was simultaneously Clarity, which comes through a feeling for the
individual elements (the notes), and Density, which comes through a
feeling for the whole (the chord). And I found this balance point to
occur most often when there were not quite three layers of something. I
came to nickname this my 'Law of Two-and-a-half.'"

http://www.ps1.org/cut/volume/murch.html