re:[linux-audio-user] Saving Alsa Mixer Settings

From: Dave Price <kinaole@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 21:28:41 EEST

Nigel,

Yes, I am using KDE. I have now read the alsactl man page, and run (as
sudo ) 'alsactl store'

When I restart X/KDE (ctrl-alt-back) my sound cuts off as KDE
initializes, indicating that the capture channel is unmuted.

But if I then bring up a console and run 'alsactl restore' - even as a
normal user, sound output returns.

(I am running mpd at bootup, so it is pretty obvious when the sound
stops / starts)

As an aside, mpd rocks for playing mp3 files. I usually 'control' it
with phpmp from my web browser.

Thanks for the reply.

aloha,
dave

PS: I have to send to the list from mutt, because google mail seems to
put 'questionable headers' into my messages, which gets 'em suspended.

So if the threading is funny, that's why.