Re: [linux-audio-user] Saving Alsa Mixer Settings

From: M P Smoak <smoak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 23:53:00 EEST

> On Wednesday 31 Aug 2005 7:39 pm, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 12:28 -0600, Dave Price wrote:
> > > Nigel,
> > >
> > > Yes, I am using KDE. I have now read the alsactl man
> > > page, and run (as sudo ) 'alsactl store'
> >
> > Why is KDE so stupid?
> >
> > Lee
and
On Wednesday 31 August 2005 15:52, nigel henry wrote:
> Hi Lee. You may well ask. Alsactl restores the settings, and
> then KDE with it's "restore volumes at startup" changes them
> to what was there when you first installed Alsa. It would be
> much better if KDE could be convinced to leave the "restore
> volumes at startup" unchecked. It would save a lot of
> confusion. Nigel.

Well, on my Planet/RH9 sys there is a checkbox in KDE Control
Center under Sound and Multimedia, Sound System, Mixer that is
labeled "Load volumes on login". It's checked on my machine.

But I really don't know how it functions ie what it does. aRTs
is the default for KDE and my machine does not start arts on
KDE startup (check box on the aRTs tab is not checked). I rarely
turn this sys off or reboot and rarely logout of Xwindows; maybe
this evening I'll try to see if the Loadvolumes check box does
anything with arts not running.

I use Qamix version 0.0.7; it doesn't have a save-settings menu
item or button.

I have used alsactl for save/restore while using KDE.

Marv