[linux-audio-user] SIS (SI7012) sound but limited mixer

From: Dave Price <kinaole@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 19:05:05 EEST

Hi,

Music is working find and surviving reboots and restarts of KDE - now I
am just wanting to fine tune things.

alsamixer sees my (onboard) sound hardware as:

Card: SiS SI7012
Chip: C-Media Electronics CMI9761

My biggest problem is that the mixer does not offer any range of control
over the volume - I can mute it, but not adjust it on the card.

The Master and PCM 'sliders' in alsamixer just say '00' and no slide is
available.

Here is my lsmod (at least the sound part):

sis900 17796 0
snd_intel8x0 28992 4
snd_ac97_codec 74232 1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm_oss 48416 1
snd_mixer_oss 17792 3 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 83720 3 snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer 22020 2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd 48484 11
snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore 7776 4 snd
snd_page_alloc 7812 2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm

Any ideas what I should adjust to get a mixer/volume control to do
anything meaningful?

aloha,
dave