Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems with notch filtering

From: Mike Jewell <mj405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 05:15:25 EEST

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 14:30 -0500, Reuben Martin wrote:
> I need to be able to pipe stereo audio through a notch filter so that
> I can adjust it while listening and analyzing the effects it is
> having. Unfortunately I cannot find a way to do this. Here's why:

Not sure how narrow you need the notch to be but I just did this using
Ardour to pipe (via JACK) to Jamin. (Thanks to a suggestion from this
list). It worked slick to filter out a ~400 Hz tone from a tape
recording. Just make the notch as narrow as you can and then slide it
back and forth while listening.

Mike

Mike Jewell
One-Up Audio