[linux-audio-user] asoundrc syntax for two ice1712 cards

From: John Rigg <jjgnu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 01:07:44 EEST

Hi

I've got two M-Audio Delta 1010 cards/boxes that I want to use with
Jack and Ardour. I can get jackd to start with either one of the 1010s
but not both. Trying to find the correct syntax for .asoundrc is driving
me nuts. I know it's theoretically possible to configure ALSA to merge
the two cards into one so Jack can deal with it, but I can't find any
explanations of how to do this. I've been unable to find any examples
of .asoundrc for multiple ice1712 cards.
Can anyone point me to the necessary info? A working example .asoundrc
would be good, but even better would be a detailed guide to .asoundrc
syntax. The HOWTO on the ALSA site gives a few sketchy examples and no
real explanation.

Regards,
John