[linux-audio-user] Distortion (snow) Problems with Jack while redording and playback

From: PMG <p_m_groarke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 08:46:54 EEST

I have posted this message, with the additional
information needed: Distro is Agnula Demudi (debian
based audio distro). My kernel version
2.6.12-3-multimedia-686.
Alsa is Version 1.0.9rc2. My jack version is 0.2.15a,
if it can be usefull.

But I havent had a reply yet. I do not want to flood
or anything, I just want to make sure someone has read
it and will give reply : ) Thanx!

>Hello, I am quite new to Linux and have been working
>very hard in the past few weeks to get my soundcard
>playback and recording to work. I am using an Edirol
>UA-5 usb device. When I play sound (ex: xmms) it is
>ditorted and with snow. When I record (ardour) i have
>the same problem, but the ditortion is not continuos.
>It is especially when i will speak. It seems to
record