Re: [linux-audio-user] clicks with video activity

From: Hector Centeno <h.centeno@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 05:49:13 EEST

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 10:29 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm getting clicks in the audio using jack when there is video activity
>>(i.e. audio software that displays meters like Rezound, when muse
>>refreshes the display at playing and following the cursor, when
>>minimizing and maximizing windows, etc). If I increase the latency they
>>seem to stop. What could be causing this? Here there are some details of
>>my system:
>>
>>Asus P4P800Deluxe
>>Pentium 4HT 2.8 ghz
>>1 gig ram
>>M-Audio Audiophile
>>Agnula Linux with kernel 2.6.12 (with preemption)
>>

>Does JACK report xruns when the clicks happen?
>
>Assuming this is a realtime-preempt kernel, what do you get
>in /proc/latency_trace when you recompile the kernel with all latency
>tracing options enabled?
>
>Lee

Thank you for your reply. With Rezound I get maybe a couple of xruns
(and much more clicking) but in general the clicking doesn't cause any
xrun reports from jack (using other audio software, i.e. muse, ardour
and csound give no xruns at all but I get the clicking simultaneous with
graphic activity).

I'll try recompiling the kernel with the latency tracing options and
I'll let you know the results.

cheers,

Hector