Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Using LinuxSampler

From: Denis Bussieres <bussman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 03:28:49 EEST

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 06:06, Arnold Krille wrote:
> My big PC (P4 2,8GHz, 512MB Ram) runs everything on one box: ardour,
> qsampler (+linuxsampler), zynaddsubfx, hydrogen, effects...

So on the one machine you have a chain like the following:

MIDI sequencer --> LinuxSampler --> Ardour

all running at once. That's pretty cool. LinuxSampler taxes my machine
quite a bit, but I like to use good libraries.

My Atari is dying a slow death. I keep resuscitating it because I have a
lot of music in there. I'm slowly transfering everything to the Linux
box via MIDI.

I want to build a rackmounted beast of a machine that could potentially
become the heart of my set-up. I'd love to hear everybody's
comments/suggestion regarding the choice of HW (mobo, sound card, etc.)
I currently run the Planet (FC 2). the main audio programs I use are
Muse, LinuxSampler and of course Ardour.