Re: [linux-audio-user] Simple song in Ardour...

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 06:37:10 EEST

Shayne O'Connor wrote:

> very nice ... it's amazing how, on a sunday, everything *becomes*
> sunday ;)
>
> have you ever seen the straight story? this reminds me of the
> soundtrack to that ... midwestern farms and fields etc.

lol~ No... As we all know...there are only 12 notes! :)

All I did was tune my low E down to a D and hit record...what followed
after is mostly what you hear. Acoustic was one take...bass was several
attempts (and it shows :) ) and Lead work was one take.

Often you get a riff or melody stuck in your noggin and it's hard to not
relay that but this, because it was very spontaneous, gave me no time to
think about it.

>> Maybe I'll find somewhere else to post this and some others I have in
>> a similar genre.
>

> feel free to do so here:
>
> http://remix.machinehasnoagenda.com (excuse the incessant evangelising)
>
> shayne

I will do so presently. I had thought about it before but was worried
someone will turn it into a rap song! :)

R~