Re: [linux-audio-user] jackd: too many servers already active

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 01 2005 - 15:23:27 EEST

> > it is unrelated. what kernel version are you running and what jack
> > startup command are you using?
> >

> 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma
> jackd version 0.99.36
>
> I've been trying a bunch of ways to start jack from command line and
> qjackctl. If I simply do "jackstart -d alsa", I get:

i don't know how to make it more obvious that jackstart is not intended
for use with 2.6 series kernel. maybe jackstart should try to detect the
kernel version and exit if it is not 2.4 or lower.

if you want to use JACK with the -R (realtime) flag on a 2.6 kernel then
you either need an absolutely totally up to the minute kernel and user
space utilities (bash, pam, glibc etc), or you need the realtime-lsm
module.

--p