Re: [linux-audio-user] Live sound installation using the hearnet idea :)

From: Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 16:35:35 EEST

R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> What amount of latency do you see from Play to Client
> read?
I didn't measure that, and I wouldnt actually know how to do it in this
setup right now. This depends on a lot of factors, especially
since I am using variable bitrate encoding with ogg as well...

> I'm seeing some horrendous times. I started with
> several minutes and last test was down to about 45
> seconds which is better but not really good enough.
I'd *guess* its about a minute here, but I am really not concerned with it.

> Prior to FC3 I had a configuration on RH9 that was
> lagging about 15 seconds. Are you getting close to
> that?
IT depends on the remote icecast buffer size as well, which I dont
have control over. I'll work on streaming latency as soon as it
gets important :-)

--
CYa,
  Mario