Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta cards help?

From: The Other <sstubbs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 01:48:05 EEST

On Friday 30 September 2005 08:32 pm, October wrote:
> The hardware installation is no problem as I built
> this machine myself in the first place... It's more
> the software. I'm running Demudi 1.2.1 and am
> wondering what sort of hoops I might have to jump
> through to get the proper drivers up and running.
> Will it be as simple as powering down, swapping cards,
> powering back up and seeing it autodetected?

10/02/05

In September I worked with 3 different sound cards.

The procedure is to swap out the card, reboot, go into a root termnial
and type 'alsaconf'. Let alsaconf find your new card, say yes to
install the drivers, bring up a mixer to set the sound levels, and
you're set.

Others have already mentioned about the software mixer you're looking
for.