[linux-audio-user] Book recommendations

From: John Anderson <ardour@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 18:10:29 EEST

I've been asked to write a driver for a PCI card that will interoperate
with asterisk. I've been writing code in several languages for years,
but I'm new to linux kernel coding, and to PCI hardware. I've already
found some fairly good info on TLDP, and on the net in general, but I
also need some good big-picture info. I've looked on Amazon, but I'm
feeling overwhelmed by all the options.

So I'm looking for good books on writing kernel drivers (2.4 and 2.6)
and interfacing with PCI hardware. I figure this is a good place to ask,
because the driver will need to deal with multiple audio streams,
although only at 8khz.

thanks
John