Re: [linux-audio-user] Quoth

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 17:56:40 EEST

Hans Fugal wrote:

> This might not be entirely on-topic, but I think it will be
> interesting anyway.
>
> http://www.netjam.org/projects/quoth/
>
> Music generation through dynamic interactive fiction. Pretty neat
> stuff. There's a short demo video there.
>
> I don't see any source, but it's written in smalltalk which runs on
> Linux and for all I know the guy uses Linux. So it's partially on
> topic, eh?

I believe Craig uses the Mac mostly. But, it doesn't really matter too
much since the Squeak image can be used on any platform that has a VM.
The only relevant problem with the Squeak Linux VM is that in some
distros there have been reported lockups when recording. This can be
temporarily fixed by using "aoss" to run squeak:

aoss /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.7b-6/squeak <your_squeak_image>

I'm curious how you found out about quoth?

brad

--
Brad Fuller
(408) 799-6124