Re: [linux-audio-user] sample-rate/bit-depth wav converter

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 17:15:08 EEST

> In a related vein, what can I use to approximate Acid Pro's handling
> of tempo and pitch? Ihave a library loops. Let's say that I want to
> change the tempo of a loop from 76BPM to 84BPM. How can I do this in
> Linux?

at this time, not much. libaubio looks promising as the start of various
tools to do this kind of thing, and there is one GUI app already using
it that can do beat slicing and time/pitch effects. unfortunately i
forget its name, but someone will shout it out, i am sure. libsoundtouch
(as used by ardour and audacity) also comes with some cmdline utilities
that might be worth checking into, or you could try it inside ardour
(set the tempo to 84bpm, insert the loop, timeFX it to 1 bar or
whatever)

--p