Re: [linux-audio-user] Portable field recording set-up?

From: Laura Conrad <lconrad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 18:47:11 EEST

    SM> I heard that minidisc recorders do a very good job when used for field
    SM> recordings, and that many already have inputs for a stereo mic, but,
    SM> as far as I could tell, they interact very poorly with Linux, and they
    SM> use a proprietary compression format. How accurate is this? Has
    SM> anybody had a positive experience with a minidisc recorder and
    SM> Linux?

I use mine with Linux. It's workable, and I don't think the
quality is bad, but I keep drooling over something that I could just
copy the files from instead of having to play into the analog input
on my sound card. So far, I haven't found anything cheap enough for
me. Let me know what you come up with.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@email-addr-hidden , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011