Re: [linux-audio-user] sub $200 sound card recommendations

From: Martin Habets <errandir_news@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 18:38:45 EEST

It was 145 UK pounds. Maybe the dollar is sliding faster than I thought,
but it's still in that ballpark. (go white sox! :)

The UA-25 uses S24_3LE. See the link for a jack patch that kindof swaps
the bytes, but it leaves byte 4 empty. Hence samples loose their sign plus
more.
Shouldn't the jack buffer convert the samples to a full 32 bit value?
How are applications suposed to know how many bits are valid in the
jack_port_buffer?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1289682&group_id=39687&atid=425939

Martin