[linux-audio-user] midi definition

From: mh <m.hatzold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 00:34:02 EEST

Hi,

I would like to have a better knowlege about the midi protocol, to
understand better what is stored in a midi file and how it is stored. I
am not that much interested in bits and bytes, but in how a description
of a note works in midi, i.e. is a note defined by a start point and a
duration ( and the end point is a consequence) or is midi a start and an
end point ( and the duration is a consequence). What is a pause? Is it a
silent note? How does a notation application calculate ties or what
remains of tied notes? The duration only? And so on...

If anyone of you knows some URL where to find usefull information about
the theme in question, I would like it very much to see it posted here.
If it is in german, even better ;-)

Greetings

michaa