Re: [linux-audio-user] jack doesn't see my digital I/Os

From: federico <xaero@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 18:16:30 EEST

Esben Stien ha scritto:

>federico <xaero@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>

>>i guess jack doesn't handle multiple soundcards
>>

>You set up the multiple devices in alsa to present them as one device
>to jack. If these devices are not able to use the same clock, they
>will drift.

my soundcard is able to sync clock via its internal clock, via ADAT
source (optical), or via word clock.

in order to hear ADAT input i have to sync to ADAT clock, and set the
clock switch to "Internal (44.1k)" on my ADAT.

however, if you look at the thread ".asoundrc - merging two soundcards"
you see that i managed to get a such setup with jack, but it is highly
instable, or has something wrong, because it crashes jack after few
second that it is started.