Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

From: Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 16:47:47 EEST

On Sun, 2005-16-10 at 22:17 -0700, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:

> >>seems that xfst fails to build for wine-20050930
> >>it breaks with
> >>winebuild: unrecognized option --debug
> >>

> >i built it using wine 20040505 and it crashes right after loading the
> >VST. I get this messages:
> >
> >gui_thread_id = 10
> >Got the focus
> >zombified - exiting from JACK
> >
> >and it freezes... on the other hand, I got jack_fst working fine. I
> >guess the ideal would be to have a vst solution that is compatible with
> >the latest wine. Is xfst supposed to build using a recent wine?
> >
> >Thanks a lot for sharing your work!
> >
> >hector
> >

> Thac built xfst against 20050830 and although I have not stress tested
> it yet, it does fire up my selection of vst's in Pclos (mdk derivitive)
>
> R~

I rebuilt xfst against wine 20050725 (the oficial ubuntu breezy) and
tested with other VSTs (jack is set to a latency of 11.6 msecs):

- Crystal vst zombifies and exits from jack but it doesn't lock. If I
set Jack to a higher Timeout period (1000msecs) it loads and works fine!
- DelayLama works perfect (it even shows the GUI animation properly)
- Synful orchestra works fine.
- GRMTools seem to be working fine without some of them crashing as in
jack_fst.

Great! xfst seems to be the solution for linux-vst. I can help to set it
up and mantain a web site (would it be ok at sourceforge?) but I guess
it would be good if we create a complete package including install
script in the make file (I don't have experience doing this, but I can
figure it out) and a README. Is someone else interested in helping
Torben and making it available publicly?

thanks!

hector