Re: [linux-audio-user] mandriva 2005 (ex mandrake) as daw

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 17:20:37 EEST

Hi,
   It sounds like you have some other audio program running. That
program would have grabbed the sound card and hence Jack cannot get
it.

   Make sure that esound or other audio applications are not running
and using the AP2496 before starting Jack and you'll probably do
better. Check the Gnome Sound Preferences and ensure that the Gnome
sound server was not started, at least for debug purposes.

Good luck,
Mark