Re: [linux-audio-user] Phase 28 Configuration

From: conrad berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 20:07:50 EEST

Hallo Clemens,

Am Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2005 18:10 schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
> conrad berhörster wrote:
> > since a few days i own a Terratec phase 28.
> > This is an multi IO card with 8 outs and 2 in.
> > Now i want to configure this card.
> >
> > ALSA 1.09b has recognized the card chip as ICE1724. Is this the right
> > chip ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > - alsamixer only gives me 4 multitrack sliders. how can i obtain each
> > channel through alsamixer. i have no idea.
>
> What is the output of "amixer controls"?

here we go :
numid=1,iface=CARD,name='ICE1724 EEPROM'
numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Multi Track Internal Clock'
numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Multi Track Peak'
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Multi Track Rate Locking'
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Multi Track Rate Reset'

> > - On the other hand, i have read somewhere, that the ICE1724 can be
> > configured with envy24control.
>
> This is for ICE1712 chips only.
hmm,
after looking into the kernel sources, there is just one directory for the
ice1712
kernel/sound/pci/ice1712 and there lives the driver for some cards, e.g. the
ice1724.
any idea, how hard it would be to include ice1724 into the envy24control.

sizu c~