[linux-audio-user] synhronized play of single audio on multiple media clients

From: Robert Rozman <rozman@email-addr-hidden-lj.si>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 14:54:15 EEST

Hi,

I'm more or less linux sound newbie. I'm using few popular open source
projects (Misterhouse, Plutohome), that all implement some kind of multiple
audio clients using Xine, Alsaplayer, VLC and media is stored on server. Now
this scheme works quite good, the problem arises when one would like to play
single audio on multiple media clients in synhronized manner, so one would
not hear any differences between separate clients.

Now I wonder what option I have to implement such system.... I'd prefer to
use VLC, Xine or Alsaplayer as clients if it's possible to somehow
synhronize them at server. Also I'm interested if I have any options to
synhronize audio playin at client side....

If you would implement such system, how would you do it? With what tools
(I'd prefer open source solutions) ?

Also I'kindly ask if you can point me to more info about this problem

Thanks in advance for your help,

regards,

Rob.